How can UniversityParent help a business like mine?
We will connect you with parents at the right time – when they’re searching for the product or solution that you offer.
UniversityParent provides a marketing platform for local businesses and national brands to connect with more than 2 million parents that are searching for the products & services that their son or daughter needs.
Our in-depth content relieves parents' anxiety & fears as they support their son or daughter from admissions through graduation. For many families, both parents and students feel like they’re on an emotional rollercoaster. From surviving the grueling admissions process, figuring out how to pay for college, their student experiencing homesickness & wanting to come home (or the first time the parent sees their daughter’s room after they’ve left,), to finally getting to graduation and starting to find that first job, and all the other moments in between – our resources support parents so that they can support their student.
Whether you want to reach parents at a specific school that are asking things like, “Where should I stay for Parent’s Weekend,” “What’s the best off-campus student housing option for my daughter?” or you want to reach parents that are trying to solve a specific problem, such as, “How do I help my son decide where to study abroad?” we can help you reach parents right in that moment. We answer questions that parents ask about more than 2,300 colleges & universities. Let us help you start reaching parents today.
- Every day, thousands of parents search our site to find businesses like yours. We’ll help you connect with our audience when it matters - right when they’re ready to buy what you have to offer.
I want to reach students. Why is reaching parents important?
- Parents are highly influential in student's lives - espescially when it comes to spending money. When a student is going to make a sizeable purchasing decision (new bike, textbooks, laptop, or signing a lease for student housing), they usually talk it through with mom and dad first. "I... value my parents' opinions more... so when there are things that are going on, I call them for emotional support because I know that they won't sugarcoat anything." (Some Millennials — And Their Parents — Are Slow To Cut The Cord, NPR).
- 67% of students speak with their parent every day or almost every day (Clark University Poll).
- 74% of students receive financial support from their parents (Clark University Poll).
- The NRF Back-to-College Survey says, "College students and their families are the real “golden geese” when it comes to school shopping...they spend more than $48.4 billion each year."
- When parents are ready to start spending, make sure your business is easy to find.
- Most parents find us by searching for what they need in Google. Our site is often the first organic search result. This means that our directory pages generate more sales for our customers than almost any other advertising option on our site - because parents can order exactly what they're looking for.
What is organic search?
- According to Google, Organic search results are "free listings in Google Search that appear because they are relevant to someone's search terms."
- Google determines organic search ranking by hundreds of factors, "designed to provide end-users with helpful, accurate search results." Learn more at How Search Works. The top results are "high-quality sites that users will want to use and share."
- We're often included at the top of the list because one of the most important factors is called PageRank, "the measure of the importance of a page based on the incoming links from other pages. In simple terms, each link to a page on your site from another site adds to your site's PageRank. Not all links are equal. The best types of links are those that are given based on the quality of your content."
- Luckily, we have nearly two hundred colleges & universities that link to us, plus many major media outlets like Huffington Post, Inc. Magazine, Entrepeneur Magainze, and many others, helping us claim some of the top organic results for the keywords that parents search for. (See how famous we are by clicking here).
- 86% of web searchers trust organic SEO listings more than sponsored/paid listings.
How can I start reaching parents?
- Call Ryan or Heather at (866) 721-1357 or Get Started online.